Friday, June 10, 2011

Changes!

There are a lot of changes for the Federation Reborn fleet to be excited about!

First, we added another tab to our Fleet Bank repository (we're up to 4 now) for storing supplies (non-combat items).  Okay, not too radical so far.

Two, I finally got a Fleet Forum up and running on a new provider.  It's a relatively plain-looking InvisionFree board at the moment, but I hope to tweak some of the visuals when I can get around to it.  The important things are: it's functional, it's easy to use, it's free, and the ad banners are tolerable (unlike the others I looked at).  All fleet members (and visitors) are encouraged to join the new forum.

Still ho-hum for you?

The real excitement is the changes coming to STO in the very near future.

Scheduled on June 23 are the new Borg Deep Space Encounters, swiftly followed by a Q Boost Double XP Weekend starting June 24.  Anybody want to join me for those?

It is entirely possible that Season 4 will hit Tribble for testing even before that.  I'm seriously thinking about reloading test.

By the end of July, we should get Season 4 in all its' glory.  Ground Combat 2.0 is rumored to be an awesome and game-changing experience and I am totally geeked about the possibilities with the new Duty Officer system.

Sometime after that, Cryptic will be rolling out new Featured Episodes (starring DS-9), Department Heads and First Officers, remastered STF's ("Into the Hive" is rumored to be next on Gozer's dev hit list), new Tutorials, lots of stuff on the Engineering Report I haven't even mentioned... basically enough new stuff to make me dance for joy like a Ferengi who just inherited a latinum mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open Source News

Star Trek Latest News

Star Trek Online -