Friday, July 20, 2012

Prayer for the victims of the Aurora massacre


In case you hadn't heard yet, during the midnight showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" in a metroplex in Aurora, Colorado, a man cut loose with guns in a crowded theatre.  At least 15 people were killed, 50 wounded, and some of them were just kids.

This is every bit as sick, twisted, and evil as anything we've ever seen in movies and comics, but this is real.  One more senseless atrocity in a world of atrocities.  The irony behind the venue of this attack is not lost on me and I'm sure it's not coincidental.  I'm not blaming the film itself, mind you.  But I have a sinking feeling that the person behind this decided that if he couldn't be the hero, he'd take the role of villain.

I'm praying for the victims and the survivors of this attack.  My heart goes out to them.  I am also heartsick over the darkness and moral decay in our society that breeds this kind of thing.  No hero or politician can save us from it, but there's no question that we need saving.  I'm praying for the spirit of healing, of consolation, of courage, and of conviction over our nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open Source News

Star Trek Latest News

Star Trek Online -